Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mermaids, Butterflies, Sweet Peas, Rainbows, and More!


My mom, two of my sisters, and I just got back from a trip to disney world, so I was very excited to get to make a Mermaid Under the Sea Cake! I decided not to go for Ariel, but instead to make an anonymous pretty blonde mermaid with flowing hair.  :) She's my first mermaid, and she made me giggle several times while making her! I did love the water scene and the fish bubbles especially!




Nothing major here, but I liked the way the colorful butterflies turned out. Thought they were fun :)


We had a repeat order for another Sweet Pea cake after a soon-to-be dad saw a picture of our earlier cake and thought his wife would love it. Isn't that sweet! They don't know the sex of the baby yet, so we used pink and blue. Turned out cute!


Very simple with a rainbow border. Thought the colors were pretty.


Wouldn't be a complete week without zebra print! This was for a sweet 16 birthday. Used icing instead of fondant this time.


DON'T BREAK MY HEART, MY ACHY BREAKY HEART!
Isn't this funny! I texted this picture to my dad (the doctor) after I finished it, and he said it looked anatomically correct…so, that was affirming. :)
To boot, the inside was red velvet. Supposed to look like a heart monitor.


Lady called and wanted "pinstripes" on her cake. I thought she meant like a pinstripe suit…but she meant pinstripe detailing on a car. I covered it in fondant to make it ultra smoothe, and thought the detailing looked cool.


Couldn't believe graduation was still happening for anyone when we got this order, but it was a fun one! I made the hat out of paper after making too large of a square cake, and the tassel is cross stitching thread. 








No comments:

Post a Comment